A Mold Recovery Blog
Wednesday, November 13 2013
After many doctor and ER visits one common thing would occur in my fight to fight mold: "Jennifer, your potassium is VERY low".
In the medical world they see this as "your fault"...."your diet". They scold me on how I should eat more bananas or more potatoes. "You mean plenty of potassium-rich greens like a giant bowl of spinach a day aren't enough doctor?".
This made me scratch my head and do more research. What I found was astounding and how it LINKED directly to my exposure to toxic mold.
I found out that a "Mycotoxin" called PETULIN can inhibit the uptake of potassium meaning it blocks it from being used by the body.
Information about the mycotoxin, Patulin
Do you think you might have mold in your home, place of business or school? Are you or someone you love suffering from an unknown illness that doctors can't diagnose? Is mold making you sick? Go to our Step by Step and start Surviving Toxic Mold.