If you suspect that your home has a moisture/mold problem don't hesitate to take action and get your home tested now so that you know exactly what "TYPE" of mold it is. Putting it off and waiting is dangerous for the health of your family and pets.
After being involved in the toxic mold industry now since my 2010 catastrophy, I've learned almost everything there is to know about mold testing, I'm pretty much an expert now at knowing what kind of tests need to be run to "REALLY' determine the full picture of any indoor environment. Most people think just running an air test in one room or getting some mold kit and laying out a bunch of petri dishes will be fine but actuality, "it's not" ok nor is it safe to rely on methods that (DON'T SHOW TOXIC MOLDS). There is a complete science to understanding what floats in the air versus what's clinging to dust particles on the ground or in carpet fibers as well as how water-prone areas can be more toxic than other areas. I can't tell you how many people DON'T TEST THEIR HOME CORRECTLY and waste hundreds of dollars and risk the progression of toxic mold illness as a result of botched or inadequate testing.
I know a LOT of experts in the industry and if you are serious about testing your home "RIGHT" the first time please fill out this "serious inquiry" form and I will connect you with one of my "Trusted Contacts" in your area so they can come out and properly test your home both air, dust and swab any visible colonies. (Please only fill out the form if you are ready to take action.)