Step #2 is optional but if you would like to know if your pet has had mycotoxin exposure you can test your pet through http://www.RealTimeLab.com Real Time Lab’s mycotoxin test can once and for all prove what is wrong with your beloved pet. RTL can evaluate animal tissue and animal body fluids for the presence of mycotoxins and molds. Samples which can be evaluated are: urine, blood, body fluids, and tissues. Please call the lab for further information. 1.855.692.6767
The next step is to make sure their diet is clean. A few things need to become priority with diets of pets exposed to mold. If you feed your pet less than high quality food, it is most likely that their cells, organs and body systems will not be able to function as efficiently as possible which means your pet will stay toxic and most likely die. Chemical, heavy metal and mold toxins accumulate in the body breaking it down from the inside out.
- They need to eat a "glucose and grain-free" diet. We highly recommend specifically for cats and dogs: the brand "Taste of the Wild". You can buy this product HERE. Horses primarily eat hay and grass, and some owners feed them grains like corn or oats for extra calories. Keep "mold sick" horses away from moldy hay, corn or oats until they are detoxed. Make sure horses are eating nothing but grass during this time and offered fresh clean water.
- They need to eat plenty of vegetables that are "SAFE" for the type of animal you have. Here is a list of fruits and vegetables that are "toxic" to dogs and cats. Make sure you double check if the vegetable is recognized as safe for your type of pet before introducing it to their new detox diet.
- They need to drink pure/clean water to be able to flush the toxins from their system. Do NOT offer your pet tap water and try to avoid plastic bottled water. The best water is filtered, natural spring or Kengan water.
Pets can safely be bathed in ammonia baths. Measurement ratios for pet detox baths are one teaspoon of ammonia for each gallon of "NON chlorinated" water. DO NOT MIX CHLORINATED WATER WITH AMMONIA. The reason for using ammonia is that ammonia is the "ONLY KNOWN COMPOUND" that kills both the mold spore as well as neutralizes the mycotoxin secondary metabolite that is so toxic to animals and humans. Giving your pet an ammonia bath is completely safe and not toxic if you are using regular household ammonia. and is highly recommended by (Dr. William Croft, DVM, PHD - mold/mycotoxin expert)
Use an ongoing natural clay-based antifungal shampoo (along with the ammonia protocol above) We highly recommend a brand called MOOSH, by Fieldworks. It's a great natural and pure product that is safe for all animals and is very effective as an anti-bacterial and antifungal wash that also adds additional support using clays that bind to toxins and pull them away from your pet. Natural Dog Shampoo. Anti-Bacterial-Anti-Fungal- Anti-Itch , Promotes Healthy Hair and Skin, Helps Hot Spots. Shea Butter, Neem and Argan Oil, Aloe Vera and Bentonite. Concentrated-Organic You can buy MOOSH HERE.
Pets can also be safely bathed in baking soda and water but baking soda ONLY kills mold spores but DOES NOT neutralize the mycotoxins left behind on their fur. This is important to know because the mycotoxins are what are dangerous. Also do not let cats ingest the baking soda it can be harmful to their pH levels. You can buy Baking Soda HERE
DO NOT USE ESSENTIAL OILS to bathe or treat dogs. Essential oils can be life saving to humans but potentially life threatening to pets. Here is a list of oils to avoid.
- Make sure to cover their eyes and nose when bathing them. You may need a second person to help you
Start using a safe and effective binding agent to detox and pull out the mold and impurities from their bodies.
Zetox helps remove mold toxins, chemical toxins and heavy metals that build up in your pets body, as well as enhancing general immune function. This Liquid Zeolite formula is the highest potency of Zeolite per serving than in any other Liquid Zeolite product on the market. One serving helps deliver 50% of the necessary daily value of Vitamin D-3.
Dosage ~ Mix the drops in three ounces of water away from food. How much to take depends on your pets weight and health condition. You can start with one drop two times per day and increase from there. Speak to your veterinarian for exact dosages. Generally for a health pet ~
Cats: 1 to 2 drops for under 10lbs / 2 to 3 drops 11lbs & up twice per day
Dogs: Same as cats; over 50lbs approximately 8 or 9 drops; over 100lbs one dropper-ful, twice a day
* This product is made for human and animal consumption and is considered safe for animals and pets for everyday detox consumption. Ingredient ("Natural Flavors" includes a proprietary blend of 100% all natural coconut and berry blend which are considered safe food ingredients. If you have any type berry or coconut allergies avoid this product) You can buy Zetox HERE