#
 
contact

Prevent Toxic Mold by monitoring humidity and moisture levels

Almost all mold needs 3 components to grow:

  1. Mold Spore
  2. A (non UVA/UVB environment) aka no sun/light
  3. Water/Moisture

Since we cannot always control toxic mold spores (every home has them) and the inside of our homes cannot always be surrounded by UVA/UVB light we can try to prevent mold from growing by controlling the humidity, water and moisture levels.

MOISTURE METERS: One way to do this is to monitor your home's humidity/moisture levels using a moisture meter.  There are many moisture meters on the market and most all of them do a great job of identifying the percentage of water verses dryness in the air.

This particular meter "to the left" is a great tool for every room in the house.  It sits nicely on a desk or dresser and table top for easy viewing.  Moisture meters can run anywhwere between $10.00 - $200 depending on the type. The meter here is under $15 and is a great price for buying many of them to place around your home in every room of the house.  BUY THIS METER NOW

 

 

Can Toxic Mold be killed, denatured or controlled by temperature?

According to the Florida Solar Energy Research Center: http://www.fsec.ucf.edu/en/consumer/buildings/basics/moldgrowth.htm

"Appropriate Temperatures.  Unfortunately, most molds grow very well at the same temperatures that humans prefer. In addition, anyone who has cleaned out their refrigerator quickly realizes that temperatures close to freezing are not cold enough to prevent mold growth and temperatures that are much warmer than humans prefer, like those of the tropics, will grow abundant quantities of mold. Therefore, it is not feasible to control mold growth in our home environment through the control of temperature."
 

Prevent Moisture from building up and activating molds spores in Bathrooms

How many times have you or your family members taken a shower, turned on the exhaust fan then walked out way before all of the moisture has left the bathroom?  Did you realize that by doing this 2-3 times per day you are actually causing moisture that is left behind to activate toxic mold spores.  This is one of the main reasons of a high concentration of toxic mold found in bathrooms.

Did you know that there is a technology that can actually keep your fan running until ALL of the humidity has left the room.  Even after you've left the bathroom?  It's a genius invention that can be used as yet another home prevention technique to avoid future mold problems in wet shower areas.

In this video "Weekend Workbench" will demonstrate how to install a "Humidistat" sensor and fan contol into your current exhaust fan.  Below the video we've also listed the tools and supplies you'll need to install it yourself. 

Get Social With Us

 You can connect with others who have dealt with toxic mold or are still seeking information to help them fight the battle against toxic mold.  Follow us!

We have live discussions taking place everyday on our Facebook group.  Join us on our Facebook group by clicking on the Facebook button below.

Disclaimer

We are not doctors or licensed practitioners.  The advice or suggestions given in the entirety of this website are for informational purposes only.  Please consult your physician before beginning any supplement or regimen. Some statements, treatments or suggestions listed in this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.  This website and/or any of it's contents are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read our full disclaimer HERE

Share your Story

Do you have a toxic mold story that you would like to share on SurvivingToxicMold.com?  Send us your story and we will do our best to review it and post it to our "Real Stories" section.  Stories "MUST BE" ready to be published and edited for spelling and grammatical errors.  Please include plenty of photos as well to go along with your story.  Not all stories wil be published.  Stories that are not complete will not be published.

SEND YOUR STORY HERE

Read Jennifer's Story


Read (Founder of Surviving Toxic Mold), Jennifer Cannon's full story of mold exposure, loss & hope for healing and a full recovery HERE

Donate
Has this website helped you?  Are you looking for a way to give back and help support our mission to spread more awareness about the dangers of toxic mold?
READ MORE & DONATE HERE

 

All rights reserved © 2011-2018 Surviving Toxic Mold

Affiliate Disclosure       |      Sources