If you think you may have mold in your home or may be getting exposed to mold
and follow these easy steps:
1. Check the Symptoms List - HERE (If you have 3 or more of these symptoms every single day there is a HIGH likelihood that you have been exposed to toxic molds OR have a high concentration of Candida fungus overgrowth in your body. BOTH are dangerous.
2. Identify where you are being exposed - Here are some very possible scenarios:
Home - (Most common)
Work - (common)
Schools - (less common but it still happens)
Car, RV, Trailer, Boat (least common but also least expected)
3. Test the environment to make sure you are dealing with "TOXIC MOLD"
Contact HomeTestingPros to see if there is a "toxic mold-trained" inspector in your area:
Not all molds are toxic and not all molds that may be toxic are toxic to ALL people. It is important to know what you are dealing with before trying to move forward or touching it...DO NOT CLEAN MOLD.
Here are ways to test: ( The first 3 should ALWAYS be part of your testing for safety reasons. The other last two could be optional but are good to know.)
- SWAB testing: Visual? - Do you see actual mold? If so, a standard swab test can identify this mold.
- USE A PROFESSIONAL ONLY. (Do not use test kits from hardware stores. They are not accurate).
- It is important to locate a reputable mold testing company before spending money on a professional mold test.
- Swab testing ONLY reveals what is in that particular swab. It does not identify mold spores in the aire that you or your family are breathing. It is important to also get AIR and EHRMI testing below for safety.
- AIR testing:
- ERMI testing: The ERMI is an acronym for Environmental Relative Moldiness Index. This test is based on dust samples collected from throughout a home or building. 36 different fungi make up the ERMI and are designed as Group I (those found in a typical, water damaged home) and Group II (those commonly found in all homes)
- Visible Inspection with Moisture Detection
4. Stop ALL moisture or WATER intrusions
5. MOLD REMOVAL & REMEDIATION: Your first step is a mycotoxin/mold-free environment DO NOT CLEAN MOLD YOURSELF
If you or anyone is feeling ill and match ANY of the symptoms in the symptoms checklist in step one.....it is very important that you go to