Green beans are great for those recovering from toxic mold or for anyone who wants to eat a healthy diet.
Green beans are a great nutritional source. In fact, green beans have over 211 grams of pottassium so if you are looking to boost your potassium levels this is a way to add these into your diet.
My simple and fast way to prepare green beans make it easier than sitting around all day and snapping the ends off of beans.
Here is my simple and quick method of preparing beans:
- Wash beans under water and for those recovering from mold exposure I suggest soaking the beans in a water solution after rinsing of 1 teaspoon of baking soda. The baking soda will kill off any mold spores that might be lurking in the green beans.
- Get a cutting board, sharp knife and a solid surface to work on.
- Place the uncut beans in the middle and line up 4-5 beans at a time and cut off the ends. Turn that group of beans around and repeat.
- Once you are done cut the beans into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Place these "cut" pieces to the left.
Research Sources: http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/2903?qlookup=11052&max=25&man=&lfacet=&new=1