Routine visit to a Naturopath leads to a toxic mold discovery
My story begins with a routine visit to my ND. I had a laceration on my leg over the summer,was seen in er. I was allergic to the antibiotics that were prescribed.Then she asked me if I went to my cardiologist annual check up.I had gone for a emergency one in July. I have a condition called aortic Bicusbid (since birth). My mother hit the floor when they told me no change in my heart! I thought for sure there had been change because I was having extreme difficultly breathing. So told my story's to natural path. She asked me if I was exposed to black mold. I told her the basement at my work had 2 free standing air conditioners that were vented to basememt..And a window unit that I worked 4 ft from for 10 years was stored in the nasty basement. It had black oozing from it for last few years. So I tested positive for black mold toxicity. 2.17 was the amount of aspergillus in my system. My nd said it was likely the antibiotics were reacting to the toxic mold.
Addressing the landlord where my business is located
My land lord would not consider cleaning up because no one else had the same symtoms I was having.
I am a hairdresser dresser. I had to find a new space immediately. I called out the local health department and they said to call vosha (vermont) osha. In short, they were not interested and would not go look at environment. They said that what was toxic to me may not be toxic to anyone else. So I have been on a roller coaster of medical..So much to write! So I guess what some people can die from is not important unless everyone dies from it and if not everyone dies from it then nothing gets done. NOT FAIR!!
Below are the terrible photos of the building where I was renting my business out of